Pages

Sunday 21 July 2019



Hello Lovelies!

What a rollercoaster ride last week turned out to be! The weekend kicked off with the glorious wedding of my gorgeous niece, and the sun gods were finally smiling after a soggy few weeks here in the North West!


Now, I've never shed a tear at weddings, but this one was so romantic -and the bride and groom so obviously in love, there wasn't a dry eye in the fabulous country house hotel, and a wonderful time was had by all.


Then, on Saturday and Sunday there was the much-anticipated Romantic Novelists Association conference at Lancaster university, which unfortunately I could not attend. I was so bitterly disappointed not to be able to meet up with my fellow authors, and catch up on all the latest literary happenings.


However, I did manage to travel down to London on Monday, and had a superb meeting with my publishers to talk all things book-related. Afterwards, I took a cab across London to attend my agents delightful summer party, and met some wonderful authors and illustrators!


All fabulous events, but my poor bones begged for mercy. I will have to start training immediately, if I want to include all of these fabulous occasions next year.


Although, the excitement wasn't quite over. On Wednesday I was Boldwood Books Author Of The Day, and that was when the stunning cover picture of The Orphan Daughter was released.


I think the ice blue background is so apt, and is one of my favourite colours!


So, even though I was beyond thrilled to share the details of my new novel with all my lovely readers, I will be having some quiet time this week to continue writing the next novel in the Reckoner's Row series.

My wonderful assortment of colourful characters in dockside Liverpool must think I have deserted them.

Until next time, happy reading!



Love to all :)
Sheila x
































































No comments:

Post a Comment